Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Monday, December 30, 2013

Scottish Celtic Solstice Clue 5

I was very excited to do clue 5 of Bonnie's (Scottish) Celtic Solstice Mystery because I have done these blocks before and although I knew a pretty easy method I wondered what Linda Franz of Inklingo had up her sleeve for this clue.
WOW!  So very easy compared to cutting all the little triangles and having to sew them on bias!  I am just even more impressed how adaptable Inklingo is to all kinds of quilt blocks.  I will admit that on my own I probably wouldn't have figured out this method so kudos to Linda and Monkey too.

One hundred blocks done!

Now, the bad news.  For some unfathonable reason my HP 1502 printer has gotten dementia or something and instead of printing on command just sits there and blinks at me.   Sigh...
I have done everything I know how to do...rebooted the computer (multiple times), unplugged and plugged in the printer itself (multiple times), uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers (multiple times), banged it on the top hoping to loosten something that might be causing it to bind up (one time) and nothing!
I have two other printers but one is a laser and one has to have the paper (with the fabric fused) stand upright and it doesn't allow the sheet to go through at all so....
I am guessing that I will have to find a new printer.  I need a simple one but from the messages on my Inklingo group, it seems that the new HP's don't allow for custom or user defined sizes which I need for Inklingo use and they have been the more cheeper printers.
so....
I will have to think about this for a day or more but need to decide for the future of my Inklingo use

Visit Here if you want to see some other amazing Celtic Solstice Mystery projects in progress.

3 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Lovely colors for your mystery, it is looking good!

Andee said...

Looking good!

Claudia Duke said...

Oh, I sympathize with the printer problems, no fun. Hope you find a good one. I have not tried Inklingo on my new Brother so I can't help you out there. Good luck.