Welcome to my Creative World with quiltmaking, scrapbooking, and most of all family and friends!

Friday, December 13, 2013

Scottish Celtic Soltice Clue 3 with Update

It's the day for clue 3 in Bonnie Hunters' mystery and I was pretty happy to see this clue to be pinwheels from HSTs
As usual I am using Inklingo for my quilt and Linda and Monkey have a great way to make them easy peasy!  You are able to print a page 7.75 x 10.5 and get 24 HSTs so by printing 8 sheets plus a small 5.25 x 5.5 sheet for 8 more and you have the 100 needed by layering the printed fabric with an unprinted fabric and stitching a grid.   No special rulers, no drawing lines and no removing paper!
Genius!
So after binding a Christmas present lap quilt and making a special pillowcase I started
 Fabric printed and ready to stitch
 After stitching, cutting into triangles and ready to press
Pressed and ready to trim dog ears and create 25 pinwheels and the rest we are to save for later...
I love that things went so well today although I need a major clean up of the bathroom and floors of the kitchen and living room but in my defense Mr Creative has been hard at work creating a train display in the living room for our tree and I have put off disturbing his "stuff" until he is done but that is going to have to happen as the floors are atrocious!

Monday Dec 16
Clue 3 Finished  with a couple of rejects...sew-er's error...Not as much contrast with my sandy tanish brown and yellow/gold but looks good to me

No comments: